Tuesday, September 30, 2014

30-Day Challenge | Days 29 & 30 #reflectiveteacher

Day 29 | How have you changed as an educator since you first started?
  1. I've gotten more comfortable working with students
  2. I know I can't reach all of my students and have learned to deal with that (yes, I just said that out loud)
  3. I am more willing to step outside the box than when I first started
  4. I manage chaos better :)
  5. I understand that the college prep track is not for every student (yes, I just said that out loud too)
  6. I am much more flexible and understanding with certain types of students that are going through situations I couldn't dream of experiencing
I'm sure there's more, but I'm running on fumes...

Day 30 | What would you do (as a teacher) if you weren’t afraid?

I would do what I feel is best for my students as a whole without regard for the "proper" way to do things.  I wouldn't feel like I have to teach to a test that is RIDICULOUS.  I would be more daring.  I would stand up for myself better.  I'd learn how to say "no" when I am at my absolute limit and understand that I can't do everything.  I would use standards-based grading.

Two lame posts on my part to finish off the 30-Day Challenge, but this was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  

One thing I hope to get out of this is to continue to use this blog...once a week at least as a form of reflection for myself on the past week's activities.  I don't feel quite as awkward about it now.

I'd like to incorporate this tool into my classes somehow as well.  Just too much to do!

Thank you for checking out my ramblings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment