Saturday, September 6, 2014

30-Day Challenge | Day 6

Day 6 | What does a good mentor "do"?

A couple of words come to mind when I think of what a mentor does: listens and guides.  


A mentor has an uncanny ability to find you and ask how your day is going when you need it most.  They can take one look at you and know what you need.


A mentor works with you and respects your ideas.


I've had the fortunate pleasure of a few mentors within the profession that have left lasting impressions upon me.  They helped to shape who I am as a teacher and coach.  Stan, Lucky, and Rad from North Ridgeville; it was like working with my Dad and was so great to have when I first started in the profession.  


Since being in Mentor, I have been able to work with some wonderful teachers and coaches.  There are a few that I tend to look to for guidance in the classroom (Marie & Amy) and on the track (Butler) because they are just awesome at what they do.  However, I'd have to say that Parsons has had the biggest influence on me, whether he knows it or not.  


I can only hope someday that I can provide this stability for someone.  So, THANK YOU mentors for all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment