Tuesday, September 16, 2014

30-Day Challenge | Day 16 #reflectiveteacher

Day 16 | If you could have one superpower to use in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?

To eliminate negativity.  

My approach in the classroom thus far in the school year has been a little bit unorthodox.  When I first started teaching history, on an almost daily basis, we would take notes in some form or another.  Sure, I had other types of activities incorporated, but that was my primary method of getting information to students.  I haven't given formal notes yet in class this year.  I have some students that have told me they'd rather I do that.  I want students to investigate some of this information for themselves though.  

Sure, this all needs some finetuning, but if I could eliminate the negativity that some of the students have toward not having a textbook, using the Chromebooks a lot, and me not spoon-feeding them information for memorization purposes, that would make what's going on in the classroom a lot easier to work through.

I want students to have an open mind when coming into my classroom, be flexible, adaptable, and ready to learn! If I could have that superpower, oh the things we could do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment